FARMING PRACTICES YOU CAN TRUST
We take responsibility to steward our land seriously by using sustainable farming practices that include:
– We use only 100% USDA organic inputs (such as seed, fertilizer and mechanical cultivation) to ensure we don’t harm soil health or biodiversity.
– Healthy soil requires vigorous micro-organism activity, which we encourage through organic inputs, cover crops, organic fertilizers and proper residue management.
CROP SELECTION & ROTATION
– We select cover and main crops to match the environment and soil type and rotate crops to minimize disease and maximize yields.
SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION
– We use farming practices that minimize soil erosion and preserve water quality by using no chemicals or pesticides.
– We don’t use pesticides or chemicals so natural native pollinators like honeybees, squash bugs and bumble bees can thrive.
– We focus on crops that use minimal water and don’t require irrigation.
CROP UTILIZATION & WASTE MINIMIZATION
– We minimize waste by using all the harvested crop in one way or another.
We use regenerative farming practices, a holistic approach to farming designed to go beyond sustainability to create healing environmental outcomes.
Healthy and resilient soil
as a link to the total health of our food system.
by plants and organic matter to withdraw carbon from our atmosphere.
Increased organic matter as a means to actually build topsoil.
for crop resilience to pests and disease.
Efficient water usage
to protect and restore clean water.